- a thing belonging or appropriate to a period other than that in which it exists, especially a thing that is conspicuously old-fashioned.
- "everything was as it would have appeared in centuries past apart from one anachronism, a bright yellow construction crane"
- an act of attributing a custom, event, or object to a period to which it does not belong.
Examples of Anachronisms in Disney Rip-Offs
- Devon and Cornwall referencing TV, Elvis, and numerous other things that didn't exist in that period
- The The Swan Princess movies featuring scenes of the characters passing the macguffin around like a football
- A mixed-race supporting cast in the computer-animated The Swan Princess sequels (European nations in the Middle Ages weren't known for their diversity)